Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all my fellow Bibliophiles,
This was a great day, I went to go see Oliver! the musical with my friends which was an amazing experience. Now there's a change of schedule as far as my reviews are concerned. Originally my first review of 2010 was going to be Geek Magnet, but then after reading the first chapter I realized I already knew what was going to happen and I peeked ahead to see if I was right, and it turned out, I was. So I'm not finishing it, and am now moving on to Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink. Now this year has been a great reading year for me. I read a lot of good books, and of course many not so good books. Here is a list of my top 10 favorite and my top 10 least favorite books of 2009:

Top 10 Favorite:
1. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
2. Persuasion by Jane Austen
3. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
4. The Sign of the Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
5. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
6.
Chicks With Sticks (It's a Purl Thing) by Elizabeth Lenhard
7. The Mysterious Disappearance of Leon (I Mean Noel) by Ellen Raskin
8. Christy by Catherine Marshall
9. Ruined by Paula Morris
10. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Top 10 Least Favorite:
1. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
2. the Ruby in the Smoke by Philip Pullman
3. Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard
4. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
5. Daughters of the Sea: Hannah by Kathryn Lasky
6. Wings by E.D. Baker
7. Secret Vampire by J.L. Smith
8. Pride and Prescience by Carrie Bebris
9. Beauty by Robin Mckinley
10. 3 Willows by Ann Brashares

So how was this year for you reading wise? What were your favorites? Least Favorites? Celebrate your year of reading and let me know in the comment section!
May 2010 be an even better year for books then 2009 and a better year for humankind everywhere full of peace and happiness! Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too!
    I like how you listed everything. ;) Hey, check out my photography blog, and shoot me an email if you did anything special today/tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind compliment on my blog about photography. I would likeif you checked out my Flickr photostream . On my photography blog I have a link on the sidebar, and a slideshow of the whole thing at the bottom of the post section.

    yours truly,
    Kaatherine (I am still not used to using that name, lol)

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to leave a comment I love hearing from you~! Because I am terrible at remembering to give out awards after people graciously give them to me, I have now made my blog an award free zone like so many others. I thank you for thinking of me though.