Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Title: If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where's my Prince?

Author: Melissa Kantor

Genre: Romance

Reading Level: 13 and up

Summary: When high school sophomore Lucy Norton's father remarries, her life is turned upside down. She and her father move from their West Coast home to a suburb on Long Island. With a small bedroom in the unfinished basement, a wicked stepmother and bratty stepsisters, countless chores, a blank social calendar, and a huge crush on the dashing prince of the varsity basketball team, Lucy’s life has all the makings of a Cinderella story. So with all the characters in place, will Lucy get the prince and live happily ever after?

In this royally funny and romantic novel, Melissa Kantor explores the struggle of finding your true prince and more important — yourself.

My Review(SPOILERS): This I think was a pretty good finding yourself book. It was different them most as the girl has the not right for her boyfriend for most of the plot. I also liked that it had a realistic ending as in it's not perfect but Lucy finds ways to make her family life a little better and her relationship with her father becomes stronger. I also liked that Jessica and Madison, two girls that started being friends with Lucy when she started dating the popular boy Connor , actually turned out to be true friends instead of backstabbing social climbers. Lucy's relationship with Sam was also really nice and realistic and the confession scene at the end was super cute. All in all it wasn't one of my favorite books this year, but I think a lot of girls could relate to Lucy and find solace and inspiration reading how she deals with her problems.

Content: Language, drug and alcohol use by teens

Rating: 3 stars out of 5

Recommend: yes for teen girls who have step families and go to public school

Upcoming Review: Geek Magnet by Kieran Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment I love hearing from you~! Because I am terrible at remembering to give out awards after people graciously give them to me, I have now made my blog an award free zone like so many others. I thank you for thinking of me though.