Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ruined: A Book Review

Title: Ruined: A Ghost Story
Author: Paula Morris

Genre:Supernatural Mystery

Reading level: ages 12 and up


Summary: Rebecca couldn't feel more out of place in New Orleans, where she comes to spend the year while her dad is traveling. She's staying in a creepy old house with her aunt. And at the snooty prep school, the filthy-rich girls treat Rebecca like she's invisible. Only gorgeous, unavailable Anton Grey seems to give Rebecca the time of day, but she wonders if he's got a hidden agenda. Then one night, in Lafayette Cemetery, Rebecca makes a friend. Sweet, mysterious Lisette is eager to talk to Rebecca, and to show her the nooks and crannies of the city. There's just one catch: Lisette is a ghost.

A ghost with a deep, dark secret, and a serious score to settle.

As Rebecca learns more from her ghost friend -- and as she slowly learns to trust Anton Grey -- she also uncovers startling truths about her own history. Will Rebecca be able to right the wrongs of the past, or has everything been ruined beyond repair?


My Review: Wow, I've kinda forgotten what it was like to be completely pulled into a story and really enjoy it. This book totally reminded me. It had all the wonderful things I loved about books, an amazing plot, stellar characters and many twist and turns along the way. Everytime I thought I knew what was going to happend and that the book was going to take some cliche turns I was always pleasently suprised. It was nice to read a book were the plot wasn't spelled out in the first few paragraphs. Rebecca the main character is wonderful, I absolutely loved her. She was smart and strong willed with a curious nature. She is very relatable, and the other characters are great in that they are never what they seem, especially Anton Grey the love interest of Rebecca. Paula Morris is an excellent writer, She gives you plenty of description into peoples emotion, they were real and full of faults, Some were quirky and nice and a couple were downright evil! She went into some of the history of New Orleans and the people who lived there which was always very interesting. I wish this book had been longer, I feel that there was so much more to find out about everyone, I wouldn't have mind reading this story if it was 400 pages. I am now a big fan of Paula Morris, She gave us more then just a good story to think about: she reminded us that even though Katrina has been over for a while there is still plenty of repair and help that is needed in New Orleans.

Content: Some violence

Rating: 5 stars out of 5!

Recommend: Oh yes!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {ruind}is about this girl name rebecca she lives in new york her dad send her to new orlean while he's travleing the world rebecca haded to stay with her anut claudia in this creepy house.one day rebecca woke up in the middle of the night she herd this kids from her school and they went to the cemetery so she sneeked out of the house and follow those kids so she was spying on them so those kids forgot to lock up the gate of the cemetery so one of them went back to close it so rebecca rush her way out but she trip the she raise her and and she thought it was them but it wasn't and rebecca looked at her and she told her do"do you know the way out she didn't speak then she told her the way out so she ran as fast as she can to the gate

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to leave a comment I love hearing from you~! Because I am terrible at remembering to give out awards after people graciously give them to me, I have now made my blog an award free zone like so many others. I thank you for thinking of me though.