Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Fair Godmother: A Book Review

Title: My Fair Godmother

Author: Janette Rallison

Reading Level: 12 and up

Summary:
After her handsome kind boyfriend Hunter breaks up with her for her older sister Savannah Delano is feeling down in the dumps. Until she meets her fairy...umm excuse me fair Godmother. Enter Chrysanthemum Everstar (Chrissy as she likes to be called) who uses her less than perfect magic to get Savannah is terribly sticky situations only to end up sending her classmate Tristan back to the middle ages. With a few modern conveniences in hand Savannah goes back in time determined to rescue him, as they go up against, ogre's, dragons, and the mysterious black knight in this whimsical romantic tale of magic gone wrong.

My Review: This book was pure adorableness. It was (super)funny and sweet, one of the best light magical tales I've read in a long time. Janette is a wonderful comedic writer, I love all the crazy situations she's able to get Savannah in, from having a spell on you so that you can't lie or else lizards and other slimy creatures will grow on your tongue to being chased by a cursed goat. The way Janette incorporated Cinderella and Snow White in the story was a very nice and a clever touch, it all pulls together fantastically in the end. I loved all of the characters, Tristan was really nice, I liked him as a love interest. Probably because he wasn't wishy washy and sentimental. Chrissy was a bit annoying at times, and I wouldn't want her for a fair godmother. So basically this story teaches you that, you better be careful what you wish for, or you might just get Chrissy. ;)
Content: A little violence
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Recommend: Oh yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment I love hearing from you~! Because I am terrible at remembering to give out awards after people graciously give them to me, I have now made my blog an award free zone like so many others. I thank you for thinking of me though.