Monday, May 2, 2011

Musing Mondays (May 2)

Musing Mondays are hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. This week’s musing asks…

Do you care if the book’s storyline is unrealistic? Will you keep reading, or will you set the book aside?

So like what sort of unrealistic are you talking about? Like random spy guys popping out of a characters closet unrealistic, or Twilight unrealistic? :P Personally I'm a fan of randomness, some of my favorite tv shows and movies make no sense, so it never bothered me in books. Well actually if it's supposed to be a "serious" book then if the plot, particularly in mysteries, does not have a plausible solution at the end and uses my old nemesis the Dues Ex Machina than I get really mad and usually throw the book. If it's a movie I throw something at the screen. :P


5 comments:

  1. LOL! I like your answer! I remember one book I threw because it wasn't making sense to me at the time. The last of lord of the rings trilogy still never went back and finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be incredibly frustrating, can't it?

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/05/musing-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right! It's gotta be plausible!

    Here's my answer: http://readingromances.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/mondays-events-ii/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a problem with some aspects of the story being 'unrealistic', depending on the genre.
    However, I think, whatever the genre, it is important that people act in a way that seems real. Maybe human nature is the constant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! That is all! Unfortunately I haven't a clue as to what you are talking about so perhaps I should just throw your comment at the wall but then that would involve damaging my computer and I don't really believe I could afford it or it's worth all the mental anguish! You are extremely witty darling and wish you a lot of success! Love your short but still older sister! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to leave a comment I love hearing from you~! Because I am terrible at remembering to give out awards after people graciously give them to me, I have now made my blog an award free zone like so many others. I thank you for thinking of me though.