Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Lonely Hearts Club: A Book Review

Title: The Lonely Hearts Club

Author: Elizabeth Eulberg

Reading Level: 13 and up

Summary:
After finding out the boy of her dreams is nothing but a liar and a cheat, Penny Lane Bloom has decided she wants nothing more to do with boys. So she starts The Lonely Hearts Club dedicated to swearing off dating, and spending the rest of her high school existence being true to herself and her friends. Soon the idea catches on and all the girls in school are following after Penny's example, just as she starts to realize there may be one boy in school who's worth her time.

My Review: I did enjoy Elizabeth Eulberg's debut. It was a sweet, humorous, novel about the trials and tribulations involved in teen dating, and how girls find a way to stay strong and confident in themselves. It was nice to read a book with such a positive message, for girls to not center their lives, and happiness around boys, and to be particularly careful in choosing a guy. After all every girl out there is a truly special one of a kind human being, and deserves an equally special guy.(because truthfully there are a lot of nice guys out there in the world, despite what you might think. ~_^) I feel many a girl will be able to find solace in the company of Penny Lane and her many friends.
Content: Some sexual references in the beginning
Rating: 3 1/2 stars out of 5
Recommend: For girls in high school

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment I love hearing from you~! Because I am terrible at remembering to give out awards after people graciously give them to me, I have now made my blog an award free zone like so many others. I thank you for thinking of me though.