Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gideon The Cutpurse: A Book Review

Title: Gideon The Cut-purse(Book one in the Gideon trilogy)

Author: Linda Buckley-Archer

Genre: Science Fiction/Historical Adventure

Reading Level: 11 and up

Summary:
Gideon Seymour, thief and gentleman, hides from the villainous Tar Man. Suddenly the sky peels away like fabric and from the gaping hole fall two curious-looking children. Peter Schock and Kate Dyer have fallen straight from the twenty-first century, thanks to an experiment with an anti-gravity machine. Before Gideon and the children have a chance to gather their wits, the Tar Man takes off with the machine -- and Peter and Kate's only chance of getting home. Soon Gideon, Peter, and Kate are swept into a journey through eighteenth-century London and form a bond that, they hope, will stand strong in the face of unfathomable treachery.

My Review: This was another book I took out of the library on a whim. Fortunately I ended up really liking this book. It's a quick easy read, and even though it started out slow, as I continued through it I really started to like the characters(even the villains) and plot line. As a historical fiction novel I really enjoyed it because this book really tells it like it was back in 1763 there was no sugar coating and I really enjoyed it and learned a lot of new stuff like what king's evil is and what footpads were. I also liked how she switched viewpoints from 1763 to modern times, so you got to see what was happening with everyone in the book. As a side note I think I should tell you that here in the America at bookstores this book goes under the title "The Time Travelers" and it has a different cover.
Content: Some disturbing situations, and a little language
Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5
Recommend: Definitely for people who like historical fiction, and a good time travel adventure

Upcoming Review: The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment I love hearing from you~! Because I am terrible at remembering to give out awards after people graciously give them to me, I have now made my blog an award free zone like so many others. I thank you for thinking of me though.