Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Unfair Godmother: A Book Review


First I would like to apologize for not updating, I started this review a couple months ago, but I couldn't get my thoughts together. Hopefully I will be updating more frequently from now on.
Author: Janette Rallison
Genre: Fantasy
Reading Level: ages 12 and up
Summary: Tansy Miller has always felt that her divorced father has never had enough time for her. But mistakenly getting caught on the wrong side of the law wasn't exactly how she wanted to get his attention. Enter Chrysanthemum "Chrissy" Everstar, Tansy's fairy in shining, er, high heels. Chrissy is only a fair godmother, of course, so Tansy's three
wishes don't exactly go according to plan. And if bringing Robin Hood to the twenty-first century isn't bad enough for Tansy, being transported back to the Middle Ages to deal with Rumpelstiltskin certainly is. She'll need the help of her blended family, her wits, and especially the cute police chief 's son to stop the gold-spinning story from spinning wildly out of control. Janette Rallison pulls out all the stops in this fresh, fun-filled follow-up to the popular My Fair Godmother.
My (very short) Review: This is definitely one of the best sequels I have ever read, continuing the saga of misguided fairy godmother Chrissy Everstar from My Fair Godmother, Janette Rallison, ups the drama and humor. It was well written with a very likable, strong female lead, and fantastically quirky side characters. The plot was also quite intricate and there were several twists and turns that I was very pleased and surprised about. It was laugh out loud hilarious, and judging by the ending (this does not really give any spoilers away) we can look forward to more adventures later on. If Janette Rallison keeps up like this The Fair Godmother series will definitely be one to recommend.
Content: some violence
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Recommend: YES~! Go out and read it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to leave a comment I love hearing from you~! Because I am terrible at remembering to give out awards after people graciously give them to me, I have now made my blog an award free zone like so many others. I thank you for thinking of me though.